Duke Dashington Duke Dashington

I personally don't like two things about this game:

1. When pausing the game there is only an option to retry that particular room. I'd would be neat if there was also an option to retry the entire level, so you don't need to go trough all those menu's.
2. It doesn't have a little bar, like most games have, that tells you what level you're playing. This would be useful, because you can more easily remember when a difficult level is coming up.

The "story" doesn't affect the gameplay much, but it is weird. It makes very little sense. The bird stealing the treasures feels a bit pointless. I was expecting there to be a boss-level where you had to steal the treasures back, but there wasn't. I'm basically clueless as to why this stuff with the bird is in the game. The fact that Duke can instantly leave after finishing a building is also just stupid, as some levels wouldn't even be possible in reverse. It would have been more logical if Duke was somehow trapped in the building by some sadistic wizard creature. That way the story would have made more sense. But the story as it is now is not really annoying, it's only just weird; it doesn't stop the game from being fabulous.

I'm also a little disappointed that there wasn't a boss battle. But that's just my own fault I guess, because I shouldn't really be expecting there to be a boss if there aren't even any living enemies in this game. But I would have liked seeing a boss with these gameplay mechanics. I imagine some beast -that bird for example- chasing you trough different rooms or something like that.

What I like about this game is that it's quite unique even though it's a platformer. It also has quite a lot of levels. Similar games like this that are posted on Newgrounds only ever have 20 levels or so, but this one has 120, which I find impressive.

AdventureIslands responds:

The game was originally created for a game jam in 48 hours with only handful of levels, so the story took a backseat. I focused on adding more levels and traps rather than work on a story because the game worked fine how it was.

If I ever make a proper sequel for the game, I want it to have actual story, perhaps even boss battles or escape sequence "boss" levels.

Balls on the depth 3 Balls on the depth 3

One of the most original versions of this game. I especially like the power-ups. I also like the concept of two of the same color being different colors. I've never seen this before and it's pretty game-changing. The biggest problem with this game is the difficultly level: It's about impossible to beat this game. Level 7 already gets quite challenging and Level 8 is just really hard. In fact, I couldn't beat it. I can only imagine Level 9 being impossible.
You might just turn down the difficulty just slightly. You can for example add lives or something, or more lazy power-ups. You can also add passwords to jump to certain levels. You got the idea.

Beat the Level Beat the Level

This game is quite perfect, and definitely not bad for a first game. It's quite challenging.
I only didn't really like level 6. This is because of the power ups.
The blue one that seems to make you go faster sometimes suddenly wears off, for some reason. And without it, it's impossible to jump on the very last moving platform.
The green one is not very intuitive, because it doesn't always give you enough force to make it all the way up, and there is only little you can actually do about it, which can be frustrating. It would be slightly less frustrating if there wasn't a hole directly before the green piece.
Also I want to note that I think I encountered a bug which makes the game forget the checkpoint, so when dying you suddenly go back to the start. Happened to me twice.

Puppet Soccer 2014 Puppet Soccer 2014

Genious! But I got one question: Why is Plago from the Netherlands?

NOXGAMES responds: